Golfers Elbow – The Facts
Are you suffering from Golfers Elbow? Do you experience pain when playing or when doing day to day things such as shaking hands? If so read on...
Golfers elbow – The Facts
- Most common in men ages 20 to 49.
The pain of Golfer’s Elbow can appear suddenly or gradually and may get worse when you:
- Swing a golf club or racket.
- Squeeze or pitch a ball.
- Shake hands.
- Turn a doorknob.
- Pick something up with your palm down.
- Flex your wrist toward your forearm.
- It is an inflammation of the tendons as they insert onto the inside of the elbow joint.
Physiotherapy can go a long way in helping you manage and recover from golfers elbow. Working with your therapist you will find ways to get back to normal activity as soon as possible, and go on to resolving the problem completely.
Physiotherapy treatment options include:
- Local joint mobilization
- Stretching & Strengthening exercises
- Neck mobilisation (if assessment finds a link through the nervous system)
Do you need to see one of our specialists?view our locations
Our team are ready and waiting to assist with your recovery.