Bupa Health Adviser
The Sheffield White House Clinic are seeking a passionate Health Adviser to join their warm and friendly team on a full- time basis.
About this Job
As a Health Adviser you will deliver a range of Bupa Health Assessments and support the clinical team with administration. You will work closely with our experienced team of 7 GPs and 4 Health Advisers. We have a varied Health Adviser team comprised of two nurses and two exercise graduates. This role would be ideal for a nurse looking for a different career path or a graduate in a health-related subject wanting to begin their career supporting customers to Live Longer, Healthier, Happier Lives.
A typical day in this role would involve preparing the equipment, delivering 4-7 health assessments, completing clinical administration, coordinating test results, handling referrals, processing Health Assessment reports, and liaising closely with the clinical team.
As part of the Health Assessments you will carry out clinical testing including; body composition analysis, spirometry, heart rate monitoring, gas analysis, diabetes blood test markers, blood pressure measurement, cholesterol profiling, anaemia blood test markers, electrocardiograms, audiometry, functional movement screening.
Full Bupa training will be provided, and you will be working to Bupa policies and procedures.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th February
Application deadline: 28/02/2022
To deliver a range of Bupa health assessment products & actively work with our customers to identify lifestyle changes that will directly impact their health & wellbeing.
Accountabilities and Activities:
Lifestyle Advice/ Health Promotion
- Have an open & honest conversation with our customers about lifestyle & behaviour changes they can adopt in order to lead a longer, healthier, happier life
- Promote and encourage a healthier lifestyle for our customers in accordance with Bupa current clinical policy and recommended national and international guidelines
- Give individual lifestyle advice appropriate to customer needs with reference to their health risk, health assessment results and their health and wellbeing goals
- Ensure are supported throughout their health assessment journey
- Carry out Bupa health assessment tests in accordance with Bupa Health Clinics policies and protocols
- Explain clinical results and risk factors to our customers – take them on a journey of how this impacts their health & wellbeing & steps they can take to mitigate this risk
- Refer customers to a Bupa Doctor as required – work as partners to manage the Customer’s Health Assessment
- Ensure accurate recording of all samples and entry on Bupa Medical Reporting system
- Prepare equipment prior to each health assessment session and leave environment in a clean, tidy and safe condition after use
- Offer an outstanding customer experience & put the customer at the centre of their health assessment
- Guide customers to a healthier lifestyle
- Keep the customer informed – explain procedures and tests
- Work with the customer to prioritise health risks and goals
- Have an excellent knowledge of all health assessment products.
- Where appropriate recommend Bupa and White House products and services. e.g musculoskeletal, dental and GP services
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Experience of performing measurement or assessment in a health and fitness e.g. personal training or medical environment plus a post-secondary education vocational qualification
- Experience of giving customer advice in a healthy living / lifestyle context, including physical activity, nutrition, smoking, alcohol, sleep and stress management
- Educated to degree level in exercise physiology, nutrition or similar health science or nursing equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology in relation to health and lifestyle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Good IT skills – including MS Office packages
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment that relies on 1:1 communication & interaction
- Ability to interpret a wide range of data, assessing the relevant messages to then deliver to the customer, tailoring these based on individual requirements
- Strong empathy & communication skills – listen to the key messages, seek to understand the Customer’s perspective & make recommendations about proactive changes they can make to impact their health & wellbeing
- Strong attention to detail – ensure the clinically relevant information is recorded, also the Customer summary is completed with enough information to enable a relevant & strong follow up coaching call
- Accuracy in information recording and management and working to clinical procedure. Prioritisation skills – make decisions in order to effectively manage time in order to get through the key requirements for each day
- Know when to refer a customer to a Doctor for further advice & follow up
Clinic and office based
Available Job Positions
Share this Post
Our team are ready and waiting to assist with your recovery.